Monday, June 24, 2013

Cute as a button (pun intended)

One of the week's projects was this framed button initial
that I made as part of a gift for two of our friends that just had a baby girl.
The "A" stands for Addison. Great name!

 

For the background, I wanted something light and airy but I only had brown burlap.
That was until I spotted this wine tote made of white burlap that I got from a garage sale.


Like I've said before, use what you got!


A person with patience would probably sew on each individual button. 
However I am not that person. I just used a hot glue gun.
I also free-handed the letter "A" although I'm sure a stencil works too and would be easier.


The frame was originally a gold/silver so I painted it with a combination of 
Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and Old White. Then I distressed it and waxed it.


I also added a white mat to give it a more finished look and wrote baby's initials and birth date.
She's a Gemini like me :)




This was a simple project to do and (as you can see below) one that I have done a couple times before.


By the way, baby Addison is cute as a button. 
Congrats Taylor & Kelly!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.